Information about transport United States
The United States of America (USA), also known as the land of unlimited possibilities. As far as we are concerned, things are not as unlimited when it comes to transport to America. Nowhere in the world are security requirements as strict as in the United States. If only the slightest thing is not in order, the consignment is held up in customs. So, you definitely need a carrier that knows their way around in the USA. Embassy Freight Services Europe N.V. can help you. We offer the following services for all your shipments (export, import, cross trades and the preparation of customs documents):
- Sea Freight – LCL shipments
- Sea Freight – FCL shipments
- Air Freight
- Home deliveries (DAP and/or DDP)
Our American offices are located in the following cities:
For more information about these and our other offices, go to www.embassyfreight.com.
The major seaports are:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Long Beach
Required transport documents for export and import United States
- Commercial invoice: Customs clearance of goods requires an invoice in quadruplicate. Preferably, written in English. Another language is permitted, in which case a translation is required.
- Certificates of origin: Certificates of origin are not required unless specifically requested by the importer. A certificate of origin can be requested at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Transport documents: B/L or Air Waybill
- Packing lists: A packing list should provide an accurate overview of the individual packages, including brand, numbers, gross and net weight and content.
- Single Administrative Document: The Single Administrative Document (SAD) is a standard form for, inter alia, declaring exports with the customs authorities. We can digitally submit the declaration on your behalf.
- Other documents: there are separate requirements for each product. In particular in the textiles, liquor and other excise goods groups.
Be aware that the laws of United States are frequently changed.
PLEASE NOTE: The required documents may be subject to change. We recommend that you contact your representative prior to shipping in order to check the required documentation.
(source: National Entrepreneurs Office (RvO))
USA Facts & Figures
The United States, officially the United States of America, abbreviated to US, often called America, is a federation of 50 states and the District of Columbia, for the most part located in North America
- Capital city: Washington D.C.
- Country code: +1
- President: Donald Trump
- Major ports: New York, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Houston, Miami
- Population: 318.9 million (2014)
- Currency: American dollar
The American economy is based on the pillars of the free market and free enterprise, with very limited influence of the government. Railways, power companies, telephone companies etc. are mostly in private hands. Still, the government certainly does not entirely refrain from influencing economic life. For example, it has a decisive vote in determining the level of the rates the utility companies charge their customers, and under a law of 1913 the central banking system became part of the public sphere through the Federal Reserve System. In addition, strict supervision of trust formation has developed over time, prohibiting market separations, monopolization and price fixing. Furthermore, the government affects the economy through taxation, labour protection laws, quality standards and consumer protection provisions. True state-owned enterprises do not exist in the United States.